The Pines is situated in the heart Criccieth with overlooking views of the castle and the bay. In the past it has been a shop and a hotel before becoming a small residential home over 25 years ago. The Pines Care Home was acquired in 2008 by its current owners who completed a refurbishment of the old property. We also built a brand new wing adding a further 20 beds. We are currently registered for 38 individuals. We provide Residential & Nursing Dementia care.
- There are 38 single en-suite bedrooms
- Lift access to all floors
- All the bedrooms modern and well furnished
- We encourage residents and their families to bring personal items and furniture with them
- Food is freshly prepared by the catering team using fresh local produce and is available all day
- Residents have a choice of eating in the dining room or taking their meal in their room
- There are are two lounges, a dining room and beauty salon
- There is a garden lounge, quiet room, dining room and inner lounge for our residents to enjoy
- Free wi-fi access is available through-out the home
- We operate on high staffing levels to ensure we can meet the needs of the residents
- There is a Manager and/or Clinical lead and/or Registered Nurse on the premises 24/7
- We carry out a thorough recruitment process to ensure all our staff are knowledgeable, competent and caring
- All staff receive regular supervisions and appraisals from the Manager, Nursing Manager or a senior member of staff
- All relevant staff have received or are scheduled to receive dementia awareness training
- Many of the staff are local and many are fluent in both Welsh and English
The philosophy of the home is to respect the residents needs and to help them regain their dignity and autonomy without compromising their individuality or independence.
We understand everyone is unique and through person-centred care we will ensure everyone living with us are happy and feel a sense of self-worth. We will bring quality and satisfaction to their daily life.
We will provide an environment that is safe and secure.
The right to choice, privacy, dignity, individuality and confidentiality is respected at all times. We will be responsive towards the ever changing needs of our residents. This will be delivered through strong leadership and professional, qualified, well trained, caring staff who embrace our philosophy.
- The majority of staff are bi-lingual (Welsh/English)
- Lift to all floors
- Adapted bathrooms and toilets
- Regular visits by chiropodist and hairdresser
- A range of internal communal areas and well maintained grounds
- Nurses are in attendance 24 hours a day.
- Every Bedroom is furnished to a high standard with the option of a TV & telephone available.
- An experienced chef prepares well balanced meals, including vegetarian
Person Centred Care
A risk assessment will also be carried out to identify any potential risks to the individual, staff or other residents. It is our aim to meet the individual’s physical, psychological and spiritual needs.
We aim to enhance the sense of well-being and fulfilment in an environment where individuals can enjoy support, comfort, safety & security. We will endeavour to gain as much information regarding the required care, from the individual, their relatives and from any other parties involved in the care using the ‘This is me’ template, prior to admission to the Home.
We will produce a person-centered care plan (PCCP). This care plan ensures that the residents care is bespoke to them as an individual. It will give quality of life, happiness and a sense of security in their dementia stage. It will provide the individual’s own preferences such as how they like to spend their day and dietary preferences. it will also highlight on areas where the person needs assistance.
Care plans will be reviewed every month or earlier if circumstances dictate. The Clinical Lead, nurses and care team will administer (where the resident is unable to do so for his/herself) and monitor any side effects of prescribed medication. Any concerns will be addressed with the individual’s G.P. / C.P.N.
A medication review will be carried out every 3 months/or as required.